Friday, May 11, 2007
More of the book
The other day I read more of my book, Mirage, and it was very interesting because I found out more interesting things about the culture and the daily life of the main character, Sayeed. I found out that he wakes up everyday to pray with the rest of the men in his village and then he makes himself a lunch. Soon afterwards he starts on his way to the city, and negotiates the price of a ride to the city with anyone who is willing to give him a ride. Once he arrives at his place of work, the hospital, he has to clock in and get straight to work. The only sad part about this section is that it reveals how poor the country is because they have a hospital that can only hold 20 people at a time. To make that even worse there is a foundation right next to the current hospital that was supposed to be a new much better one, but unfortunately the contractors went bankrupt and the construction had to stop. That is all that I found out while reading this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment